In the following, we will inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data by our company in accordance with the legal requirements of data protection law (in particular in accordance with BDSG n.F. and the European General Data Protection Regulation ‘DS-GVO’). This data protection declaration also applies to our websites and social media profiles. With regard to the definition of terms such as “personal data” or “processing”, we refer to Art. 4 GDPR.
Name and contact details of the person responsible
Our responsible person (hereinafter “responsible person”) within the meaning of Art. 4 no. 7 GDPR is:
Email address: email@example.com
Types of data, purposes of processing and categories of data subjects
In the following we will inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data.
1. Types of data we process
Usage data (access times, websites visited, etc.), inventory data (name, address, etc.), contact data (telephone number, email, fax, etc.), payment data (bank data, account data, payment history, etc.), contract data (subject matter of the contract, term etc.), content data (text input, videos, photos etc.), communication data (IP address etc.),
2. Purposes of processing according to Art. 13 Para. 1 c) GDPR
Processing of contracts, optimizing the website technically and economically, fulfilling legal storage obligations, optimizing and statistical analysis of our services, improving the user experience, designing the website in a user-friendly manner, creating statistics, handling contact requests, providing websites with functions and content, uninterrupted, secure operation of our website,
3. Categories of data subjects according to Art. 13 Para. 1 e) GDPR
Visitors / users of the website, customers, interested parties,
The data subjects are collectively referred to as “users”.
Legal basis for processing personal data
In the following we will inform you about the legal basis for the processing of personal data:
- If we have obtained your consent for the processing of personal data, the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter a) GDPR.
- If processing is necessary to fulfill a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures, which take place at your request, the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g. statutory retention requirements), the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person, the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. d) GDPR.
- If processing is necessary to safeguard our or the legitimate interests of a third party and if your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not outweigh your interests in this regard, Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f) GDPR is the legal basis. </ li >
Disclosure of personal data to third parties and processors
As a matter of principle, we will not pass on any data to third parties without your consent. If this is the case, then the transfer takes place on the basis of the aforementioned legal bases, e.g. when transferring data to online payment providers for the fulfillment of a contract or due to a court order or due to a legal obligation to surrender the data for the purpose of criminal prosecution, to avert danger or to enforce intellectual property rights.
We also use contract processors (external service providers e.g. for web hosting our websites and databases) to process your data. If data is passed on to the processors as part of an agreement for order processing, this is always done in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. We carefully select our processors, check them regularly and have given us the right to issue instructions with regard to the data. In addition, the processors must have taken suitable technical and organizational measures and comply with the data protection regulations according to BDSG n.F. and DS-GVO
Data transfer to third countries
The adoption of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) created a uniform basis for data protection in Europe. Your data will therefore mainly be processed by companies for which the GDPR applies. Should the processing by third party services take place outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, these must meet the special requirementsin accordance with Art. 44 ff. GDPR. This means that processing takes place on the basis of special guarantees, such as the establishment of a data protection level that is officially recognized by the EU Commission or compliance with officially recognized special contractual obligations, the so-called “standard contractual clauses”.
Insofar as we obtain your express consent to data transmission to the USA due to the ineffectiveness of the so-called “Privacy Shield”, according to Art. 49 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. by US authorities and the use of the data for monitoring purposes, possibly without legal remedies for EU citizens.
Deletion of data and storage period
Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as you revoke your consent to processing or the purpose for storage no longer applies or the data is no longer required for the purpose, unless it is further Storage is required for evidence purposes or there are statutory retention requirements. This includes, for example, commercial law retention obligations for business letters in accordance with Section 257 (1) HGB (6 years) and tax retention obligations in accordance with Section 147 (1) AO of documents (10 years). When the prescribed retention period expires, your data will be blocked or deleted, unless the storage is still necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
Existence of automated decision-making
We do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
Provision of our website and creation of log files
- If you only use our website for information purposes (i.e. no registration and no other transmission of information), we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data:
• IP address;
• Internet service provider of the user;
• the date and time of the request;
• browser type;
• language and browser version;
• content of the call;
• time zone;
• Access status / HTTP status code;
• amount of data;
• Websites from which the request came;
• Operating system.
A storage of this data together with other personal data does not take place.
- These data serve the purpose of user-friendly, functional and secure delivery of our website to you with functions and content as well as their optimization and statistical analysis.
- The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f) of the GDPR.
- For security reasons, we store this data in server log files for a storage period of 70 days. After this period these are automatically deleted, unless we need to keep them for evidence purposes in the event of attacks on the server infrastructure or other legal violations.
The following cookies are used:
• Necessary, essential cookies: Essential cookies are cookies that are absolutely necessary for the operation of the website, to enable certain functions of the website such as logins, shopping cart or user input, e.g. language to save the website.
• Session cookies: Session cookies are required to recognize multiple use of an offer by the same user (e.g. if you have logged in to determine your login status). When you visit our site again, these cookies provide information in order to automatically recognize you. The information obtained in this way is used to optimize our offers and to give you easier access to our site. When you close the browser or log out, the session cookies are deleted.
• Persistent cookies: These cookies are saved even after the browser is closed. You theto save the login, to measure the range and for marketing purposes. These are automatically deleted after a specified period, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
• Cookies from third-party providers (third-party cookies, especially from advertisers): According to your wishes, you can configure your browser settings and e.g. B. Reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we would like to point out at this point that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website. Read more about these cookies in the respective data protection declarations for the third party providers.
- Data categories: User data, cookies, user ID (in particular the pages visited, device information, access times and IP addresses).
- Purposes of processing: The information obtained in this way is used to optimize our web offers technically and economically and to enable you to access our website more easily and securely.
- Legal basis: If we process your personal data with the help of cookies on the basis of your consent (“opt-in”), then Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the Legal basis. Otherwise, we have a legitimate interest in the effective functionality, improvement and economic operation of the website, so that the legal basis in this case is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR. The legal basis is also Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR if the cookies are set to initiate contracts, e.g. for orders.
- Objection and “opt-out”: You can generally prevent cookies from being saved on your hard drive, regardless of your consent or legal permission, by selecting “do not accept cookies” in your browser settings . However, this can limit the functionality of our offers. You can opt out of third-party cookies for advertising purposes via this American website (https://optout.aboutads.info) or this European website (http://www.youronlinechoices.com).
Processing of contracts
- We process inventory data (e.g. company, title / academic degree, names and addresses as well as contact details of users, email), contract data (e.g. services used, names of contact persons) and payment data (e.g. bank details, payment history) for the purpose of fulfillment our contractual obligations (knowledge of who is a contractual partner; justification, content structure and execution of the contract; checking for plausibility of the data) and services (e.g. contacting Kundenservice) according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit b) GDPR. The entries marked as mandatory in online forms are required for the conclusion of the contract.
- A transfer of this data to third parties does not take place, unless it is necessary to pursue our claims (e.g. transfer to a lawyer for collection) or to fulfill the contract (e.g. transfer of the data to payment providers) or there is a legal obligation to do so according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
- We can also process the data you provide to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you emails with technical information.
- The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. This is the case for the inventory and contract data when the data is no longer required for the execution of the contract and claims can no longer be asserted from the contract because these are statute-barred (warranty: two years / standard limitation: three years ). Due to commercial and tax law requirements, we are obliged to save your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, if the contract is terminated after three years, we will restrict the processing, i. H. Your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations. Information in the user account remains until it is deleted.
Contact via contact form / email / fax / post
- When you contact us via the contact form, fax, post or email, your details will be processed for the purpose of processing the contact request.
- If you have given your consent, the legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of a contact request or e-mail, letter or fax is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f) GDPR. The person responsible has a legitimate interest in the processing and storage of the data in order to be able to answer inquiries from users, to preserve evidence for reasons of liability and, if necessary, to be able to meet his statutory retention requirements for business letters. If the contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- We can save your details and contact requests in our customer relationship management system (“CRM system”) or a comparable system.
- The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those that were sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with you has ended. The conversation is ended when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question has been finally clarified. We store inquiries from users who have an account or contract with us for up to two years after the end of the contract. In the case of legal archiving obligations, the deletion takes place after their expiry: End of commercial law (6 years) and tax law (10 years) retention obligation.
- You have the option at any time to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. If you contact us by email, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time.
- We have integrated the website analysis tool “Google Analytics” ( Service provider: Google Ireland Limited, register no .: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
- Purpose of processing: The use of Google Analytics serves the purpose of analyzing, optimizing and improving our website.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by the third party provider using “Google Analytics” (“opt-in”), then Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in the above purposes (the analysis, optimization and improvement of our website) in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 lit.f) GDPR. For services that are provided in connection with a contract, the tracking and analysis of user behavior is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR in order to use the information obtained to optimize services to fulfill the To be able to offer the purpose of a contract.
- Storage period: The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user IDs (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs are automatically deleted after 26 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has expired takes place automatically once a month.
- Data transfer / recipient category: Google, Ireland and USA. We have also concluded an order processing agreement with Google in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
- Opposition and removal options (“opt-out”):
• You can generally prevent cookies from being saved on your hard drive by selecting “do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. However, this can limit the functionality of our offers. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
• As an alternative to the browser plug-in above, you can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by deselecting the “Statistics” checkbox in our cookie banner.
• The cross-device user analysis You can go to your Google account under “My data/Deactivate personal data”.
Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com-Stats)
- We have the web analysis service Jetpack (from Automattic Inc., 60 29th Street # 343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA; the tracking technology provider is: Quantcast Inc., 201 3 rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103-3153, USA) to analyze and improve the use of our website.
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data (e.g. IP address, technical information on browser and provider, end device, location, interests and pages visited) The software places cookies on your computer for the analysis. The data will be transmitted, processed and stored on Jetpack servers in the USA. We have activated the extension to shorten your IP at Jetpack, which means that the data can no longer be personal. In addition, this IP will not be merged with other data collected by us.
- Purpose of processing: This data is collected and stored for the purpose of marketing, analyzing and optimizing our website.
- Data transmission / recipient category: Tracking provider, USA. The data obtained will be transferred to the USA andsaved there.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by means of “tracking” (“opt-in”), then Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) DS -GVO the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f) of the GDPR. For services that are provided in connection with a contract, the tracking and analysis of user behavior is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR in order to use the information obtained to optimize services to fulfill the To be able to offer the purpose of a contract.
- Storage period: until the cookies are deleted by you as the user.
- Objection: You can object to the data collection and storage at any time free of charge with effect for the future. You can object to or prevent the installation of cookies in various ways: • You can prevent cookies in your browser using the setting “do not accept cookies” , which also includes cookies from third-party providers;
- We have embedded YouTube videos from youtube.com on our website using the embedded function so that they can be accessed directly on our website. YouTube belongs to Google Ireland Limited, registration number: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data (e.g. website accessed, content and access times). We have integrated the videos in the so-called “extended data protection mode” without cookies being used to record usage behavior in order to personalize the video playback. Instead, the video recommendations are based on the video currently being played. Videos played in an embedded player in enhanced privacy mode do not affect which videos are recommended to you on YouTube. When you start a video (click on the video) you consent to YouTube tracking the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage or the video on our website and that this data is used for advertising purposes.
- Purpose of processing: Provision of a user-friendly offer, optimization and improvement of our content.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by the third party provider using “etracker” (“opt-in”), then Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a ) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f) of the GDPR. For services that are provided in connection with a contract, the tracking and analysis of user behavior is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR in order to use the information obtained to optimize services to fulfill the To be able to offer the purpose of a contract.
- Data transfer / recipient category: Third party providers in the USA. The data obtained will be transferred to the USA and stored there. This also takes place without a user account with Google. If you are logged into your Google account, Google can assign the above data to your account. If you do not want this, you have to log out of your Google account. Google creates user profiles from such data and uses this data for the purposes of advertising, market research or the optimization of its websites.
- Storage period: Cookies up to 2 years or until the cookies are deleted by you as the user.
- Objection: You have a right to object to Google against the creation of user profiles. Therefore, please contact Google directly using the data protection declaration below. You can make an opt-out objection with regard to the advertising cookies here in your Google account:
- We have integrated maps from “Google Maps” ( Provider : Google Ireland Limited, Register No .: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data (e.g. IP, location, page accessed). With Google Maps, we can display the location of addresses and directions directly on our website in interactive maps and enable you to use this tool. When you visit our website, where Google Maps is integrated, a connection to the Google servers in the USA is established. Your IP and location can be transmitted to Google. In addition, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page. This also takes place without a user account with Google. If you are logged into your Google account, Google can assign the above data to your account. If you do not want this, you have to log out of your Google account. Google creates user profiles from such data and uses this data for the purposes of advertising, market research or the optimization of its websites.
- Purpose of processing: Provision of a user-friendly, economical and optimized website.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by the third party provider using “Google Maps” (“opt-in”), then Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter f) of the GDPR.
- Data transfer / recipient category: Third party providers in the USA.
- Storage period: Cookies up to 6 months or until you delete them. Otherwise, as soon as they are no longer required for processing purposes.
- Opposition and removal option: You have a right to object to Google against the creation of user profiles. Therefore, please contact Google directly using the data protection declaration below. You can make an opt-out objection with regard to the advertising cookies here in your Google account:
Presence on social media
- Data categories and description of data processing: Usage data, contact data, content data, inventory data. Furthermore, the data of users within social networks are usually processed for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created on the basis of user behavior and the resulting interests of the users. The usage profiles can in turn be used, for example, to place advertisements inside and outside the networks that presumably correspond to the interests of the users. For these purposes, cookies are usually stored on the users’ computers, in which the usage behavior and the interests of the users are stored. Furthermore, data can also be stored in the usage profiles regardless of the devices used by the users (especially if the users are members of the respective platforms and are logged in to them). For a detailed description of the respective forms of processing and the possibilities of objection (opt-out), we refer to the data protection declarations and information provided by the operators of the respective networks. In the case of requests for information and the assertion of data subject rights, we point out that these can be most effectively asserted with the providers. Only the providers have access to the data of the users and can take appropriate measures and provide information directly. If you still need help, you can contact us.
- Purpose of processing: Communication with users connected and registered on the social networks; Information and advertising for our products, offers and services; External representation and image cultivation; Evaluation and analysis of the users and contents of our presences in the social media.
- Legal basis: The legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest in the above purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f) GDPR. Insofar as you have given us or the person responsible for the social network your consent to the processing of your personal data, the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.
- Data transfer / recipient category: Social network.
- You can find the data protection notices, information options and objection options (opt-out) of the respective networks / service providers here:
• Facebook – Service provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland); Website: www.facebook.com ; Data protection declaration: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/; Opt-Out: https://www.facebook.com/ settings? tab = ads and http://www.youronlinechoices.com; Objection: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/2061665240770586; Agreement on joint processing of personal data on Facebook pages (Art. 26 GDPR): https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum, data protection information for Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insi ghts_data.
Rights of the data subject
- Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
Insofar as the processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter a), Article 7 GDPR, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. This does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the point of revocation. If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f) GDPR, you can object to the Insert processing. This is the case, in particular, if the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we describe in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can exercise your right of objection free of charge. You can inform us about your objection to advertising using the following contact details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to information
You have the right to request confirmation from us as to whether personal data relating to you is being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to information about your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. This includes, in particular, information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the origin of your data, unless it was collected directly from you.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to correct incorrect data or to complete correct data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
- Right to deletion
You have the right to delete your data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless this is contrary to legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights to further storage.
- Right to restriction
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data if one of the requirements in Art. 18 Para. 1 lit. a) to d) GDPR is met:
• If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that enables the person responsible to check the accuracy of the personal data; • the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead restrict the use of the personal data request; • the person responsible no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
• if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Paragraph 1 GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR, which means that you can receive the personal data we have stored about you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or you can request that it be transmitted to another person responsible.
- Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority in particular in the member state of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
In order to protect all personal data that is transmitted to us and to ensure that we and our external service providers comply with data protection regulations, we have taken suitable technical and organizational security measures. Therefore, among other things, all data between your browser and our server is encrypted via a secure SSL connection.
This page is a translation of the German original version.